Thursday, July 8, 2010

What Happens if Dan Maes Drops Out?

I do not know enough about Dan’s financial situation to comment about whether or not he will be permanently damaged by it, but I am concerned for the future of Colorado. Having just dropped out of the race for Governor due to a lack of support and time, I know how complex the financial disclosure rules are and the maze it is to navigate through. But what happens if Dan drops out?

I am a constitutionalist, conservative in the Jefferson school, and Scott McInnis is not a constitutionalist. He has spent too much time in the federal government in my opinion and honestly, I don’t trust him at this point. I definitely don’t want to see Hickenlooper because we all know where he will take us, so again, where is a conservative to turn?

Are the Tea Party folks going to turn to the Libertarian or Constitutionalist candidates? Not likely since so many have at some time been in the Republican Party or are Independents who lean conservative. This dilemma that Dan has put us in is disappointing and concerns me because we are going to need a Governor that stands up to the federal government just like Arizona has but is Scott McInnis that guy?

In my opinion we are at a critical point in our country’s survival as we constitutionalists know it, and we need to support Governor’s that not only understand the constitution but are willing to fight the federal government to take back our rightful place in the structure of the republic.

Again, what is a conservative to do?

No comments: