Thursday, November 6, 2008

What now?

We always learn from failure. Thomas Edison said it best when asked about his pursuit of inventing the light bulb; “I didn’t fail over 2000 times, I learned 2000 ways how not to invent a light bulb” (or something close to that). The point being, failure has something to teach us if we are open to learning.

If I were a Republican this is what I would have learned:

· When you abandon your core conservative values to try to win over moderates and democrats you lose.
· Conservative principles don’t change they only need to be communicated properly and passionately; then implemented!
· “My Friends” should be eliminated from the lexicon.
· Sarah Palin was not the reason Republicans lost; she was the reason the loss wasn’t bigger.
· When you are voted into power on conservative principles; govern as a conservative.
· Answer every media criticism with confidence, facts, and the simple caveat; I don’t agree with the premise of your question (it works for almost every question the media throws at a conservative).

I left the Republican Party over a year ago but I keep wondering if that is that the best way to impact the process? I am troubled by the process and want to be a part of the solution but I struggle with whether or not to get back in and fight the battle from the inside out. I look at the few votes that third party candidates get, and wonder if it will ever change. So many people just look for the R or D. They don’t get involved beyond that.

Looking for some help in my decision; should I run in 2010 as an unaffiliated candidate or should I return to the Party and get more involved? Who cares?

No comments: