Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Santorum Doesn’t Excite Me…

I find the more I listen to Rick Santorum the less I like him. Between him and Newt I find myself cringing at the prospect of having to vote for either of them. I will vote for them of course because Obama is a disaster.

There is a really vitriol attitude toward Romney from both of these candidates. I know they are being criticized in the primary by Mitt’s election machine and all the “warts” of the candidates are coming to light. But this is small potatoes compared to the efforts that will be unleashed in the general election cycle.

I am disappointed in the entire field of GOP candidates but the reality is that one of these guys will be the nominee. The only hope I hold onto is the selection of a vibrant VP, like a Rubio, Ryan, or conservative woman running mate. I am sure I am not alone.

I do not hold the opinion that this “extended” primary is bad for the Republicans. I think having four candidates speaking out on the economy, jobs, debt and deficit, is amplifying the conservative message. Instead of having one chosen candidate to counter, the democrats have to spread their demolition machine in four different directions.

So if we can’t have a really good choice for GOP candidate, at least the messengers are all giving the media more reason to cover the issues that will ultimately lead to the defeat of this president. Gas prices could be $2.50 a gallon, the Federal Reserve is out of control, religious freedom and all freedom as a matter of fact is under assault from this administration, and it may be time to have a president that understands the private sector elected to office. All of these candidates make for good talking points in the media. At least that is something to be excited about…

No comments: