Tom Tancredo should step down before it is too late. If he really has the interest of Colorado at the forefront of his efforts, this is not the way to show it. The polls have Dan Maes tied with Mayor Hickenlooper in a two way race. Even if he has personal issues with Dan he should know as well as anybody, no one is perfect. Tom is dividing the people that are needed to come together for a conservative victory.
If Tom were to do the right thing and get out of the race here is what will happen:
• Most thinking conservatives (that is what makes us conservative) will unite around Dan.
• Tom will be seen as doing the right thing, putting his fellow citizens before his self interest. Maintaining the respect he has garnered on the immigration issue.
• End the fight that should have happened in the primary not a general election.
• Allow the focus to be on the opponent. With one candidate in the race the money will be well spent to highlight the Mayor’s policies, and we can see if his “positive campaign” message will be flushed down the toilet.
• Many would open their pocket books knowing they are not throwing their hard earned money away due to the third party threat.
• The GOP may re-think their support when the polls show Dan can win. (longshot)
Dan is not an establishment politician and isn’t that what the people want this year? It may not be the insider’s wishes, but the general electorate that will probably never read this Blog, want a fresh and new candidate like Dan.
I can’t believe the GOP will cut off their nose to spite their face. But as Rush said today on his program, the insider’s are losing their power, and when that happens watch out for their wrath. I guess Tom is their “wrath”…