Walter Williams, one of my favorite Professors, has written about the willingness of people to allow government tyranny to thrive. It started with the tobacco zealots, and as he predicted, they're coming after you. Legislation has been introduced in Mississippi to force restaurants there to determine if a person is obese, and if they are, it will be illegal to serve them. In the name of fighting obesity we have lost a freedom.
· In the name of fighting cancer, we have outlawed smoking for adults.
· In the name of fighting ADD, we have outlawed soda in the school machines.
· In the name of fighting hatred, we have outlawed free speech.
· In the name of cleaning up elections, we have outlawed free speech.
· In the name of what next, will we outlaw all of our freedoms?
When are you going to say enough? When they tell you you can’t watch American Idol? When you can no longer purchase an SUV? When you can no longer question your school about the curriculum their teaching your kids? What will be your tipping point?
They’re coming after you; God bless Walter Williams. I’m sorry, have they outlawed the mention of God yet?