Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Wonderful 50th…

I was walking to drop off my ballot at the local election office on a beautiful Colorado day (bright sunshine 65 degrees) and started thinking about the “big” 50th. I can say that when you can count your blessings like family, friends, and health, it doesn’t matter what B-day you are celebrating!

I said a quick prayer of thanks and these were my first thoughts; Thank you for my children’s health, Justine and my health, and the love we have together. That is what really matters in life.

The icing on the cake for me was working on my announcement video with my daughter Emily this morning which I hope to share late today. Having the ability to share my latest book with the world and knowing that it is at the printer and near completion. A planned dinner this evening with my family. And having the opportunity to vote on my birthday (I love democracy!)

I have truly been blessed and I know we sometimes overlook the small things. But the small things like having your health should never be overlooked or undervalued. I wish everyone health and happiness.

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! They mean a lot…

1 comment:

tricia said...

Hope you had a great day!!!!