Friday, April 30, 2010

The Petition Drive Begins

45 days from today I will either be on the ballot as an unaffiliated candidate for Governor of Colorado or announcing the disbanding of my campaign. I hope I achieve ballot access so I have the opportunity to focus the debate for the Colorado Governor’s race on stopping this out of control spending by our federal government!

I am reaching out to ask for a small favor from you that I hope will make a difference in the Colorado election this coming November. Please help me gain access to the 2010 ballot as the unaffiliated candidate for Governor, by helping to collect signatures. I am not asking for your vote, I plan on earning that, but I believe we need to have the opportunity to decide on a number of candidates in this election, not just the candidates chosen by the Republican and Democratic Parties. This is your opportunity to help get a candidate on the ballot that represents the largest voting bloc (1,078,896 unaffiliated voters) that has no primary. This is our primary! Republicans and Democrats are welcome and encouraged to participate or simply sign a petition.

If you just gather 3 – 5 signatures a day starting TODAY and ending June 7th we have a chance! Download a petition from my website (http://www.whoisrichhand.com/ ) and when you go to work, talk to a neighbor, or run into someone you know, ask for a signature to help get me on the ballot. We need to act if we want to make a difference! This is your chance to step up and make a difference. I hope you will join me.

I have made it simple to collect signatures, and all of the information you need is on the website (http://www.whoisrichhand.com/) and in the petition. Please gather as many signatures as you feel comfortable with. If you gather more than 100 signatures you will become a recognized leader in this campaign, and be included in campaign activities moving forward. I think most of us could easily gather a dozen or two but please do only what you can.

Our founders wrote these final words in the Declaration of Independence: “And for support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our Sacred Honor.” In my effort to honor these great leaders by committing to govern based on their founding principles, I only ask for your help in gathering signatures. It seems so small in relation to the efforts of our founders, but I am confident they would be proud of any American willing to stand up for our constitution and participate in the political process.

If you have any questions you can contact me at rich4.hand@gmail.com . If you want to learn more about the campaign you can go to my website at (http://www.whoisrichhand.com/).

Thank you for getting involved and making a difference in 2010!

No comments: