This is a great article in the Washington Times by Jeffrey Kuhner. Here is an excerpt:
“The Slaughter Solution is a poisoned chalice. By drinking from it, the Democrats would not only commit political suicide. They would guarantee that any bill signed by Mr. Obama is illegitimate, illegal and blatantly unconstitutional. It would be worse than a strategic blunder; it would be a crime - a moral crime against the American people and a direct abrogation of the Constitution and our very democracy…“
“It would open Mr. Obama, as well as key congressional leaders such as Mrs. Pelosi, to impeachment.”
I totally agree with Mr. Kuhner that this is a criminal act against our constitution, but to continue to look to our federal representatives and the entrenched bureaucracy, lobbyists, and dependents on government largesse to reform itself is not realistic. The Governors of our United States must determine our commitment to the Union. I believe we have the greatest country and people in the world. This country was a gift from God as created by our founders, for us to nurture and steward, and has been an inspiration for the rest of the world. But we have people in charge that are revolting against our values, and have not been protecting our constitution as they have sworn, but have intentionally taken action to destroy our nation and constitution as we know it.
Here is what we need to do as “we the people.” Through our Governors and Legislatures:
• Declare our Independence by utilizing the original document which has hauntingly become so relevant again.
• Reaffirm our commitment to the constitution as a people and fifty states.
• Re-establish our bill of rights and the Tenth Amendment power we hold as states and a people.
• Call a convention of all 50 Governors to audit and nullify all unconstitutional activities of the federal government.
• Recall our representatives from Congress and have new elections.
• Establish new representatives to take the place of the current representatives serving that will uphold the constitution which will nullify Obama’s power.
Under the guise of healthcare reform, we have been overtaken by the enemies within and the devious human nature our founders warned us of at the establishment of our republic. Greed, self interest, corruption, and tyranny are in play. Who do we expect to fix this?
We don’t need to impeach Obama, we need to nullify his revolution against our constitutional republic by using the greatest weapon we hold; our US Constitution…