This article fries me. It is a “survey” of American’s mood toward the future, a year before the presidential elections, and it is full of pessimism. When will we count our blessings? Blessings are abound in this great nation, and we have people with the gall to focus on the negative.
We are blessed to live in the freest, wealthiest nation in the world, where opportunity waits at every corner for us to jump on it - if we choose. Where if we choose to, we can become anything we want to be regardless of race, creed, or gender. Where we can focus on idiotic things like Britney Spears because we don’t have to worry where our next meal is coming from or the fear of drinking diseased ridden water.
Where every restaurant in our neighborhood has a waiting line to get a seat. The movie theaters are full of kids and adults eating popcorn and drinking soda. Where nearly every home in America has cable. Where every kid has the opportunity to go to school. Where we can worship without fear. Where we can focus on recycling garbage instead of eating it.
I am unhappy that we seem to focus on the negative when we have so much to be thankful for. If you forget about your blessings you may just lose them. So let us thank:
· Our Military in Iraq for spreading hope throughout the world and giving us the opportunity to be miserable as well as happy. May you be safe and come home whole and proud.
· Our children for bringing us love and giving us a reason to create a positive future.
· For our health and the greatest system in the world to attend to us when we are sick.
· To the ingenuity of our business world that creates a better life for all Americans and other people around the world.
· For a system of government that is of the people, by the people, for the people. May we never forget and always remain diligent in protecting the constitution that makes us so great.
So take a moment and really think hard about your life. Count your blessings and if you want to have an even greater life; do it. Because you are an American; there is nothing stopping you, but you. Just a positive thought…